Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Awesome Low Poly Art Styles

Here are the art styles I'm considering for my first attempt at a game a bit further down the line.

As my first game is probably going to be aimed towards a Moble App my models will need to be between 300 - 1500 polygons per mesh.

Look how amazing low poly models can be!
The Poly count is super low, but with really good texturing they can look GREAT. I think all of these are less than 500 tris. Which, once you do the math, means that, on average, there are only 250 polygons in each character!


That or maybe make an entire game in this low poly art style.
Amazing.

Even just going old school with character models like those from FFIX. I believe most of the models in the game were around 500? Basically this is the same technique as the first art style I like, just a little bit less chibi. 



This is pretty cool too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment